- 164,821 hits
- Budget black hole at heart of George Osborne’s finances - FT.com on.ft.com/148L6J6 via @FT 6 hours ago
- RT @ukhomelessness: Anyone seen a white Suzuki Van reg GL54 KAK. It was stolen from Southwark Food Bank last night. They now can't fetch fo… 8 hours ago
- Sad indictment of "apprenticeships" - Why I'm pleased my stepdaughter won't apply to the civil service gu.com/p/3fnt6/tw via @guardian 2 days ago
- US Debt Not so bad after all: About That Debt Crisis? Never Mind nyti.ms/YVVOnp 3 days ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at email@example.com
- Lies, Damned Lies and Government misuse of official statistics: Select Committee Attacks Government
- The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? It’s 43.
- Universities and Public Policy
- UKIP: Building a Party when the "Party" is Over?
- The UK in 2013: A Failing Economy or a Failing State?
- Spending Review 2013 – politics trumps planning, again.
- Lord O'Donnell Suggests .... that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- ‘Poor Performers’ in the Civil Service - blame the poor bloody infantry
- Saint GP. Why have GPs been elevated to special status in the health debate?
- Brat on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Inquisitive Practitioner on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Chris Wilson on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
- brian carr on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
- colinrtalbot on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
TagsAudit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA carers Children's services Civil Service CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality government happiness jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services spending strategy targets Westminister Whitehall
Tag Archives: social services
In my recent article for Public Servant magazine I speculated that the new ‘joined-up’ Children’s Services departments might have been a contributory factor in the failure to protect Baby P in Haringey. Now it turns out that Children’s Services across … Continue reading →
New NAO study reveals extent of carers contribution and DWPs failure to seek out those not claiming Continue reading →
Recently a baby under the protection of social services was abused and killed. It was not the first and will not be the last, but the fact that “Baby P” was visited 60 times by social workers charged with his … Continue reading →