- 165,552 hits
- How the IRS scandal is like ethnic profiling -- FCW fcw.com/Blogs/Lectern/… via @FCWnow 3 hours ago
- RT @TimHarford: I want to be in HER band. dlvr.it/3QKVxR 6 hours ago
- Health dept work placement plans ‘absurd’, says Jenkin civilserviceworld.com/health-dept-wo… via @cswnews 9 hours ago
- Was #woolwich terrorism? My son (8) has been repeating "you will not be safe on your streets" since he saw it on the 6pm BBC news. So yes. 9 hours ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? It’s 43.
- Spending Review 2013 – politics trumps planning, again.
- The UK in 2013: A Failing Economy or a Failing State?
- Lies, Damned Lies and Government misuse of official statistics: Select Committee Attacks Government
- Universities and Public Policy
- Andy Coulson and and his non 'Developed Vetting' - why on earth did the Civil Service let this happen?
- Is the Civil Service Accountable to Parliament? Hodge vs O'Donnell spat opens a can of worms.
- Why Spending Review 2013?
- Friday afternoon reading: May 24, 2013 | The Democratic Society on Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- colinrtalbot on Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- Brat on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Inquisitive Practitioner on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Chris Wilson on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
TagsAudit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA carers Children's services Civil Service CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality government happiness jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services spending strategy targets Westminister Whitehall
Tag Archives: media
Confession: within 30 seconds of hearing about David Willett’s expenses claim for changing light-bulbs I’d cracked the inevitable “how many Conservative MPs does it take to change a light-bulb…” joke to my long-suffering partner.
This book looks at what makes ideas “stick” – why some ideas spread easily whilst others don’t. Being able to communicate effectively has become increasingly important for public managers in democratic states. “A medium-sized ‘butter’ popcorn at a typical neighborhood … Continue reading