- 164,840 hits
- Can I coin the term #ToryEuroshambles or has someone already thought of it? 2 hours ago
- Budget black hole at heart of George Osborne’s finances - FT.com on.ft.com/148L6J6 via @FT 20 hours ago
- RT @ukhomelessness: Anyone seen a white Suzuki Van reg GL54 KAK. It was stolen from Southwark Food Bank last night. They now can't fetch fo… 22 hours ago
- Sad indictment of "apprenticeships" - Why I'm pleased my stepdaughter won't apply to the civil service gu.com/p/3fnt6/tw via @guardian 2 days ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at email@example.com
- The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? It’s 43.
- Lies, Damned Lies and Government misuse of official statistics: Select Committee Attacks Government
- Universities and Public Policy
- Greek Deficit and Tax Evasion
- ‘Poor Performers’ in the Civil Service - blame the poor bloody infantry
- Debts and deficits, UK trends and European comparisons. by Norman Flynn
- Lord O'Donnell Suggests .... that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- UKIP: Building a Party when the "Party" is Over?
- The UK in 2013: A Failing Economy or a Failing State?
- Brat on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Inquisitive Practitioner on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Chris Wilson on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
- brian carr on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
- colinrtalbot on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
TagsAudit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA carers Children's services Civil Service CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality government happiness jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services spending strategy targets Westminister Whitehall
Tag Archives: local government
Hazel Blears, Communities and Local Government Secretary in the Labour Government has announced her decision to leave the government on the eve of local government elections in England, in what is being widely seen as direct attack on PM Gordon … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) has published a list of 200 “jargon” words and their ‘plain English’ equivalents. But is this really jargon-busting, or patronising dumbing-down?
Back in 1999 ‘Modernising Government’ was finally published. After nearly two years gestation the general verdict was that it was indeed an elephant – huge, sprawling and ungainly. Everything including the kitchen-sink had been thrown into the lengthy, turgid and … Continue reading
The Audit Commission published its final CPA (comprehensive performance assessment) report on English local government this week.
One thing that the current financial crisis ought to do is raise a serious debate amongst public policy makers about pay for performance – in the private and public sectors.