- 165,492 hits
- Former LGA leaders slam Audit Bill | Public Finance — official CIPFA magazine publicfinance.co.uk/news/2013/05/f… via @Public_Finance_ 3 hours ago
- RT @mehdirhasan: "Petition Calls On Government To Fund 'Back To The Future' Hoverboard Research Before 2015" (via @michaelrundle) http://t.… 3 hours ago
- RT @Puffles2010: …there is more than an element of compulsion & denials of basic liberty. Eg prisons 14 hours ago
- RT @Puffles2010: There is something that deeply troubles Puffles about outsourcing public services to mega corporations - esp with vulnerab… 14 hours ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at email@example.com
- Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? It’s 43.
- The UK in 2013: A Failing Economy or a Failing State?
- Spending Review 2013 – politics trumps planning, again.
- Universities and Public Policy
- Andy Coulson and and his non 'Developed Vetting' - why on earth did the Civil Service let this happen?
- BT Infinity - Infinitely Unavailable?
- Lies, Damned Lies and Government misuse of official statistics: Select Committee Attacks Government
- Why Spending Review 2013?
- Who owns GP Consortia?
- colinrtalbot on Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- Brat on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Inquisitive Practitioner on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Chris Wilson on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
- brian carr on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
TagsAudit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA carers Children's services Civil Service CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality government happiness jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services spending strategy targets Westminister Whitehall
Tag Archives: crisis
Back in 1999 ‘Modernising Government’ was finally published. After nearly two years gestation the general verdict was that it was indeed an elephant – huge, sprawling and ungainly. Everything including the kitchen-sink had been thrown into the lengthy, turgid and … Continue reading
The old joke that consultants borrow your watch and then charge you if you want to be told the time has finally come true. The UK Treasury has announced it will step in to provide the finance for £8bn worth … Continue reading
Whoever is in power at Westminster, public services are facing hard times over the next few years.