- 165,491 hits
- Former LGA leaders slam Audit Bill | Public Finance — official CIPFA magazine publicfinance.co.uk/news/2013/05/f… via @Public_Finance_ 2 hours ago
- RT @mehdirhasan: "Petition Calls On Government To Fund 'Back To The Future' Hoverboard Research Before 2015" (via @michaelrundle) http://t.… 2 hours ago
- RT @Puffles2010: …there is more than an element of compulsion & denials of basic liberty. Eg prisons 13 hours ago
- RT @Puffles2010: There is something that deeply troubles Puffles about outsourcing public services to mega corporations - esp with vulnerab… 13 hours ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at email@example.com
- Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? It’s 43.
- The UK in 2013: A Failing Economy or a Failing State?
- Spending Review 2013 – politics trumps planning, again.
- Andy Coulson and and his non 'Developed Vetting' - why on earth did the Civil Service let this happen?
- Universities and Public Policy
- Lies, Damned Lies and Government misuse of official statistics: Select Committee Attacks Government
- Why Spending Review 2013?
- BT Infinity - Infinitely Unavailable?
- My Big Fat Greek Government?
- colinrtalbot on Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- Brat on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Inquisitive Practitioner on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Chris Wilson on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
- brian carr on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
TagsAudit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA carers Children's services Civil Service CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality government happiness jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services spending strategy targets Westminister Whitehall
Tag Archives: CAA
Hazel Blears, Communities and Local Government Secretary in the Labour Government has announced her decision to leave the government on the eve of local government elections in England, in what is being widely seen as direct attack on PM Gordon … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) has published a list of 200 “jargon” words and their ‘plain English’ equivalents. But is this really jargon-busting, or patronising dumbing-down?
The Audit Commission published its final CPA (comprehensive performance assessment) report on English local government this week.