- 165,068 hits
- RT @Puffles2010: @ShodanAlexM @colinrtalbot @Paulflynnmp @halfon4harlowMP @J__Stephen @CamPubPol Puffles (*points*) adragonsbestfriend.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/a-p… … 1 hour ago
- RT @PCollinsTimes: Gay marriage is a Bill that creates happiness and costs nothing and Yvette Cooper and Ed Miliband deserve credit for ens… 3 hours ago
- RT @JosephWolves: Where they keep @daraobriain and @ProfBrianCox in between series of Stargazing Live. http://t.co/OIcXlrG0dR 1 day ago
- Can I coin the term #ToryEuroshambles or has someone already thought of it? 1 day ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at email@example.com
- Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? It’s 43.
- Lies, Damned Lies and Government misuse of official statistics: Select Committee Attacks Government
- Lord O'Donnell Suggests .... that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- The Scrutiny of Public Spending: Margaret Hodge, Robert Chote, and Amyas Morse, amongst others, to discuss how Britain manages public money.
- Why Spending Review 2013?
- UKIP: Building a Party when the "Party" is Over?
- Spending Review 2013 – politics trumps planning, again.
- Co-Evolution of the Development of Public Administration, Democracy and Capitalism
- The UK in 2013: A Failing Economy or a Failing State?
- colinrtalbot on Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- Brat on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Inquisitive Practitioner on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Chris Wilson on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
- brian carr on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
TagsAudit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA carers Children's services Civil Service CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality government happiness jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services spending strategy targets Westminister Whitehall
Tag Archives: banking
I’ve been asked to post this important ‘think piece’ by a group of World Bank and OECD officials about the issues concerning the pay of private sector managers of banks and other institutions that have been effectively nationalised. There is … Continue reading
The old joke that consultants borrow your watch and then charge you if you want to be told the time has finally come true. The UK Treasury has announced it will step in to provide the finance for £8bn worth … Continue reading
One thing that the current financial crisis ought to do is raise a serious debate amongst public policy makers about pay for performance – in the private and public sectors.