- 165,612 hits
- How the IRS scandal is like ethnic profiling -- FCW fcw.com/Blogs/Lectern/… via @FCWnow 1 day ago
- RT @TimHarford: I want to be in HER band. dlvr.it/3QKVxR 1 day ago
- Health dept work placement plans ‘absurd’, says Jenkin civilserviceworld.com/health-dept-wo… via @cswnews 1 day ago
- Was #woolwich terrorism? My son (8) has been repeating "you will not be safe on your streets" since he saw it on the 6pm BBC news. So yes. 1 day ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at email@example.com
- The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? It’s 43.
- Lies, Damned Lies and Government misuse of official statistics: Select Committee Attacks Government
- It’s Purely Academic…..
- Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- The UK in 2013: A Failing Economy or a Failing State?
- Andy Coulson and and his non 'Developed Vetting' - why on earth did the Civil Service let this happen?
- Saint GP. Why have GPs been elevated to special status in the health debate?
- Universities and Public Policy
- Universal Credit Faces IT Problems - it's official
- Measuring Leviathan: Big Government and the Myths of Public Spending
- Friday afternoon reading: May 24, 2013 | The Democratic Society on Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- colinrtalbot on Visions of Subsidiarity and the Curse of the British Political Tradition
- Brat on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Inquisitive Practitioner on Lord O’Donnell Suggests …. that someone rather like him should be put in charge of vetting government policy. Seriously?
- Chris Wilson on UKIP: Building a Party when the “Party” is Over?
TagsAudit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA carers Children's services Civil Service CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality government happiness jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services spending strategy targets Westminister Whitehall
Category Archives: Media Appearances
Things have been rather hectic over the past couple of weeks and I’ve done so many media things I’ve not had time to keep this page up to date. Until the Election is over that’s likely to continue to be … Continue reading
An appearance on EURONET News (European radio station) – about 17 mins into this broadcast (5th May 2010) talking about the Election see this comment on what I have been saying about efficiency, about parallels with the USA, on our (MBS) … Continue reading
Channel 4 did a reasonable job of exploring some of the issues that the election campaign and leaders debates have failed to tackle adequately (although I am biased ‘cos I was on the panel).
General election 2010: the battle over the paperclip vote The Guardian - 5 hours ago The trio have been joined by Professor Colin Talbot, the public services adviser to the Treasury select committee. It is probably tedious to get into the …
Major parties failing to spell out spending plans Public Finance - Lucy Phillips – 4 hours ago Colin Talbot, professor of public policy and management at Manchester Business School, told Public Finance that the public sector had been left ‘guessing’. …
The World at One (BBC) 8th April 2010
What will politicians need to do to please public managers? The Guardian Last week Colin Talbot, professor of public policy and management at Manchester Business School, who gave evidence to the Commons’ Treasury select committee …
The great ignored: the big deficit and the big market, by Colin Talbot Public Finance
City lets George Osborne make a monkey of the voters Times Online In the case of Rayner, according to Colin Talbot of Manchester University, Britain’s foremost expert on public-sector efficiency, only half the claimed …
Listen to my appearance on the BBC Today programme on 1st April on efficiency
Society daily 25.03.2010 The Guardian What budget, asks Whitehall Watch’s Colin Talbot. “This must be the most non-budget in British history.” Certainly if you were expecting detail on …
First, read the manual Financial Times – Nicholas Timmins … and the requirement to search for work, or at least prepare for it,” Colin Talbot, professor of public management at Manchester Business School, says. …
Here are a few of the articles I have published in ‘Public Servant’ monthly magazine over the past couple of years. More can be found on their website by searching.
Here are links to a few of the articles I have published in ‘Public Finance’ weekly magazine over the past year or so.